Friday, January 1, 2010

Verizon FIOS Green Screen of Death

I recently upgraded my Fios receiver in my bedroom after buying a new HDTV (I love Black Friday). Once I got the new box I was excited. I hook the box up via HDMI to the TV. After several minutes had past due to the activation process, I was ready to watch TV. At first every thing was lovely. This only last a few seconds. The screen on my TV showed nothing but a green screen but the audio was fine.

Verizon blamed my HDMI cables at first. I told them I used different ones but was yielded the same result. They finally admitted the model HD receiver, QIP-7100, does not play well via HDMI cables with all HDTVs. A patch will not be available for months. Verizon sent me to the store to get the old version, QIP-6200. This model has been updated. Why this one is updated and the 7100 has not been updated is beyond me. Of course, Verizon put an order in and sent me to the store but the only carries the 7100 series.

Now I will have to wait for update. I am using component cables. I would rather use HDMI. But the idiots at Verizon have no idea when their boxes will be upgraded.

I am not the only one with this problem.  Google search it and you will find others with similiar problems dating back to January 2009.  They were told a fix would be coming in "a month".

Verizon FIOS customers beware if you have an HDTV, use HDMI cables, and get the HD receiver QIP-7100.

No comments:

Post a Comment